Director Shire Planning
Things We’ll Trust You With:
- You will support our elected Council with professional town planning advice, successfully navigating hurdles to deliver on adopted plans and resolutions, in a sustainable manner.
- You will be an integral member of the Executive Team, contributing strategically and with a long term vision for your Directorate.
- You will lead Shire Planning, championing a culture of excellence, embracing high expectations, promoting positive customer experiences and celebrating results.
- You will promote collaboration across the organisation, celebrate creative thinking, and lead and support others to embrace and successfully navigate change.
Things You’ll Do:
- You will have a proven ability to anticipate the changing environment, apply an evidence based approach to identifying opportunities to best position Shire Planning to effectively manage service levels, regulatory requirements, resources and risk.
- You will have high level commercial acumen and ability to adeptly apply this within a community and political context.
- You will engender a culture that thrives on success, visualises new possibilities, challenges assumptions and is open to new information and approaches.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of:
- Working for an organisation which has our community at the heart of all that we do, embracing our vision and goals and reflecting our purpose and values.
- Operating as a positive brand ambassador for the organisation – leading by example in upholding our purpose and showcasing our values of collaborate, achieve, respect and evolve.
- Being an inclusive and inspirational leader, a highly skilled communicator with strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and nurture effective external relationships with key government stakeholders, allied businesses and agencies and the community members of the Sutherland Shire.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume, selection criteria response and a cover letter outlining how you seek to lead, inspire and add value to the Shire Planning Directorate.
- Get your application in by 10pm: Sunday 27 September 2020
- Package: Attractive Salary Package
- We want you to be aware that you may be asked to participate in psychometric and aptitude testing and that referee, qualification and criminal history checks are all part of the recruitment process.
- We value your time and are aiming to keep to the following schedule:
- 28 Sept to 6 Oct 2020 Applications Reviewed
- 5 Oct to 9 Oct 2020 First Round Interviews
- 12 Oct to 16 Oct 2020 Second Round Interviews
Keen To Learn More?
- Please find further information on the opportunity through the Position Description.
- For specific enquiries regarding the role, please connect with Manjeet Grewal – Chief Executive Officer on 0414 193 678.